ULEZ: is the tube more polluted than the road?
I take an ELITech TemTop LKC-1000S+ 2nd into London's ULEZ Zone, including travelling on the London Underground Tube Network and on the Buses, plus stand on some of London's busiest roads to get readings. We are constantly told that London has a toxic air health emergency that is dangerous to our health, and that we should abandon our cars and use public transport instead. However, the readings contradict this and some of the numbers will shock you!
I stood in the middle of some of Outer London's busiest roads, took readings inside and outside my 1980s classic BMW, and stood in a park and under the flight path of Heathrow Airport. But most shocking of all are the readings from trains and train stations! You won't believe what I discovered! This is a must-watch and must-share!! We are constantly told that London has a toxic air health emergency that is dangerous to our health and that we should abandon our cars and use public transport instead. However, the readings contradict this and some of the numbers will shock you!
The expansion of ULEZ will encourage more Londoners to use public transport. But is that actually a good way to avoid polluted air? We found the PM2.5 level at Oxford Circus was at a hazardous level. PM2.5 is a dangerous pollutant that can penetrate the lung barrier and enter the blood stream.
Stopping the effects of climate change is crucial for several reasons:
1. **Environmental Preservation**: Climate change poses a grave threat to ecosystems, biodiversity, and natural resources. Stopping it helps protect these valuable components of our planet.
2. **Human Health**: Climate change contributes to extreme weather events, heatwaves, and the spread of diseases, negatively impacting human health and well-being.
3. **Economic Stability**: Climate change can disrupt economies through damage to infrastructure, agriculture, and increased disaster-related costs. Preventing it is cost-effective in the long run.
4. **Social Equity**: Vulnerable populations, including low-income communities, are disproportionately affected by climate change. Stopping its effects is essential for social justice.
5. **Global Security**: Climate change can exacerbate conflicts over resources like water and food. Addressing it contributes to global stability.
6. **Future Generations**: Taking action on climate change ensures a sustainable future for generations to come, preserving a habitable planet.
7. **International Cooperation**: Collaborative efforts to mitigate climate change promote diplomatic relations and strengthen global partnerships.
8. **Innovation and Job Creation**: Transitioning to clean energy and sustainable practices can stimulate innovation and create green jobs.
9. **Ethical Responsibility**: Many see addressing climate change as a moral obligation to protect the environment and future generations.
In sum, stopping the effects of climate change is essential to safeguard the planet, its inhabitants, and future prosperity.